Ana Apple and The Greenhouse were established to celebrate whimsy, cultivate creative curiosity and inspire giving. Our team believes that small actions can make a significant impact.
Here's a bit more about the giving element of our brand and how you've helped us make an impact by supporting youth-focused non-profits in the Sacramento community:
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Greater Sacramento: Effective December 1, Giving Tuesday, $1 per bib and $2 per garment from the Ana Apple collection sold online or in-store will be contributed to the BB/BS mentoring program, which pairs local youth with a positive adult mentor. The Greenhouse will also host a FREE monthly creative workshop exclusively for their Bigs & Littles, and will pledge $1 from each paid workshop fee to support this program. You may also sponsor a workshop!
- Holiday VIP Shopping Party: Earn an invite to this exclusive soiree by making a Giving Pledge! Then join us on Thursday, December 10 for store-wide specials, raffle prizes, children's activities and refreshments!
- #GetOneGiveOne: For every orange infant bib sold online or at the Ana Apple store October 1 - November 30, we contributed one bib to Shriners Hospitals for Children - Northern California. Together we donated 33 orange bibs! Our Kindergarten friends from Little People's Learning Land also helped us with a collection of custom art pieces for the walls at Shriners.
- Community Gratitude Day & Food Drive: On November 22, we collected over 94 pounds of canned goods & baby items to donate to the River City Food Bank in exchange for special deals in the Ana Apple store! It was a great way to kick off the holiday giving season!
- Mustard Seed School: During our 5th Business Birthday & Studio-Warming Party, we collected a truckload of art & school supplies for the children of Mustard Seed School, a program of Loaves & Fishes that provides local homeless youth with access to an education.
- McKinley Playground Re-Build: After the treasured McKinley Park playground was severely damaged by arson, Sacramento residents & business owners rallied together to raise funds and donate time to building a bigger, better facility for children to play in East Sacramento. We contributed a portion of sales from our Cali Love & 916 designs, and spent a full day on-site, hammering & painting new equipment!